Wednesday, August 30, 2006

August

I'm not sure I'm all that fond of August. You can never get hold of anybody because they're away or you're away or you're both away. And there's either too much sun, which withers the garden, or too much rain, which has everybody moaning. Not much happens either, apart from Jacks's birthday on the 18th. (I gave her a microscope -- how's that for romantic?) But to be fair, this year a friend of ours was struck by lightning (or at least her house was, while she was in it) which relieved the boredom a bit. Nearly over now, thank goodness. September's usually better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree! August is quite boring when there is no one you can talk to! Everyone is on vacation...
Although for me, I'm looking forward to October. The month Ruler of the Realm comes out!

Anonymous said...

I KNOW!! August is really dull. Its the last month of summer and now school is starting again. I am looking forward to baseball and Ruler, cant wait to read the fully edited version!!!